Masthead Cove Yacht club is designed to meet the particular needs of the sailing family. These needs continue to be met by following the simple guidelines established when the club was formed in 1975.
- To be eligible you must own a sail boat over 20 feet in length and be berthed in the waterways of the Town of Huntington or Oyster Bay Harbor.
- Membership is limited to 100 families. This allows the club to be large enough to support a variety of activities yet small enough to assure a spirit of camaraderie.
- Cost of membership would be kept to a minimum. Instead of maintaining a clubhouse, our “clubhouse” consists of three large mooring buoys located in Lloyd Harbor, Oyster Bay Cove and Port Jefferson which can accommodate member’s boats for relaxation and social activities.
- Club activities provide something for every sailor, every sailing family, every family, and every level of sailing skill.
- The club’s Credo is very simple: Enjoy your sailing experiences in the good company of other sailors and have fun doing it.
Benefits for MCYC Members
MCYC is a cooperating group member of BOAT/US and a member of YRALIS and USYRU.
BOAT/US offers reduced-rate individual memberships and discounts on boat insurance, equipment, loans, books, etc. Our club number is GA 82081Y. Put it on the application, available from the Rear Commodore.
YRALIS provides the Club with PHRF handicap ratings, and USYRU provides racing liability insurance. For a fee, Club members may join YRALIS on an individual basis and race in all YRA races. Contact the Race Fleet Captain for further details.
If you have boating items you wish to sell, classified ads are accepted in The Masthead free of charge.
Many other yacht clubs will extend courtesies to MCYC members. Please be courteous when representing the club at another club.
If you are interested in having someone from the membership committee contact you to discuss joining, please complete the membership application and return it to Membership Chairperson, Karla Marrero at firstname.lastname@example.org</a>.