MCYC 2021 Cruising at a Glance
This year’s theme is MCYC Olympics. The competition runs April through September. Medals (Gold, Silver, and Bronze) will be awarded at the Change of Watch in the following categories:
- Total Distance
- Total Distance Sailed (no engine)
- Most Sailed (Time)
- Most overnights spend on your boat.
- Most Ports / Anchorages visited
More will be provided throughout the season, including a log book template to track your progress!
Memorial Day Weekend Cruise (May 29 – 31) – The final destination has not been selected, but it will be a beach party on Saturday, May 29. The theme is “The White Party” and everyone should wear white.
Commissioning Raft Up (June 5)
Summer Cruise (July 3 – 11) – Exploring Narragansett Bay
Our rendezvous point this year is Wickford. A club event will be scheduled at Wickford for Wednesday, July 7. There are two locations to stay:
- Wickford Marina (Reservations opens on 5/15 on Dockwa). Dock @ $2.50/foot (no moorings)
- Wickford Cove (Reservations now open on Dockwa). Dock @ $4.50/foot and Moorings @ $2.50/foot.
- Anchoring is also an option at Wickford.
Share your plans with JP Nel and to be added a combined club itinerary for the cruise. Port captains will be assigned.
Tumbleweed Cruise -Go wherever the wind blows (August Date TB)
Port Jefferson Dragon Boat Festival (September TBD)
Sunset/ Moonrise Sails (July 23, August 21, September 18)